Tuesday, May 19

Wish Me Luck, Cheer Me On, & Give Me Recipes!

The Challenge:

Cook 200 meals in 365 days! (starting May 19th 2009)
I'm not a new wife or a new mom--but I'm a new cook!

Here's the plan - personally (husband doesn't count :) cook 4 meals a week...precooking is allowed...crockpots allowed...breakfast for dinner allowed...OAMC allowed...semi-homemade allowed!!

My Sources---the internet, my mother, and YOU! (we don't like bell peppers ;)

Wish Me Luck, Cheer Me On, & Give Me Recipes!


This Week for Dinner...

T:
Zucchini Casserole , added chicken and yellow squash to the recipe
W:
CrockPot Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
Th: Heath's Night (Taylor Swift Concert!)
F: Honey Lime Chicken with Pineapple, & white rice
S: Chinese Chicken Salad
Sun: Heath's Day
OAMC:
Bread Crumbs, Waffles

What's OAMC? Once a month cooking---one day during the kids naptime---I'll make enough waffles for my kiddos to eat for the next month--so 10 minutes before we need to go out the door, when my 3 year old begs for waffles---I have some to pop in the microwave or toaster! And the bread crumbs are for the recipes I have coming up.

4 meals this week. I can do it! Seriously, that would be a record for me. No joke.
Maybe I'll even upload pictures... :)
Note: This is my first attempt at using Google Docs. Hope it works.

PJ



Meal 1- accomplished! I thought it might be good to start off with a picture! :D Zucchini Casserole - my mother's recipe. We have SO MANY zucchini and yellow squash in the garden so I'll probably be cooking veggie dishes a lot.


Meal 2 - accomplished! I won't be taking pictures every single time I make a meal---but I DID cook tonight :) Note: I didn't really like the flavor of the Classic Chicken Soup that I made. Here's picture of the meal. (proof:) My kiddos ATE the food! Even with the spinach, yams, & broccoli! It doesn't look appetizing---I might try a different recipe for chicken soup in the crockpot--maybe a more Asian soup.


Meal 3 accomplished! Late posting the picture :) Honey Lime Chicken, yummy!

2 comments:

Cari Coupons said...

Great job. It looks so yummy. good job giving your kids veggies. so proud.

Julie the Wiser said...

That is a beautiful, prize-worthy dish! You are an amazing mother and an amazing cook! I'm so proud of you!!