Wednesday, May 20

oh, how I love napping kids...

All I want right this second is a red crockpot. I can't stop thinking about it today. Lol. Ok--on with the post.
I love this time.

No-I don't surf the web the whole time. No- I don't clip coupons or just watch tv.

I love this time cause I can get stuff done! And then--- spend an hour doing something I like. Love it. On a typical day, my wonderful kiddos sleep for 2-3 hours. Some days up to 4 hours. Ahh---bliss. I don't want to be doing the dishes, folding clothes, or cooking (ugh), or blogging...while they're awake---they want to play! :) So they allow me a naptime. yay.

Since my boy is such a handful---he needs at least 80% of my attention while he's awake (moms out there---we all know we don't give our kids 100%...if you think you do...I vote you for mom of the year AND most insane woman of the year. )

Today during naps so far---I pulled the chicken meat off of 2 rotisserie chickens from the grocery store, started dinner in the crockpot, unloaded dishwasher and reloaded breakfast dishes, then all the wiping and mopping involved with the kitchen cleanup, rotated laundry 3 times so far (the short special wash loads are usually saved for when I can pay most attention to them), hung clothes, no folding yet--saving that for a good show to watch, hmmm...is that it? I guess so. Kids have been napping for an hour or so I think.

Moms out there----make a mental list of all the stuff you do in a day--and pat yourself on the back...you work hard. You are an amazing housewife. Smile. :D When the days are hard---find 5 minutes of quiet to think about all your blessings. My 2 best blessings in my life want to be with me and love me unconditionally--who could ask for anything more? When I'm in a rush and feel like I can't get anything done---I have to stop and think---I want them here! I love the attention and the love. Thanks Lexi & Jacob. Love you.

ttfn

PJ

5 comments:

Moss Family said...

naptime is WONDERFUL, I agree!!! I wish I could say I was getting more done today with naptime today, but I'm not....lol

Shumway FAM said...

ahhhh....so sweet. wish I still got naptime on a not-so-random schedule.
that crockpot looks JUST LIKE MINE! WooHoo!

Julie the Wiser said...

Could husbands or teenagers have nap time? I would like some time to myself, too!
P.S. You can totally borrow my red crock pot. I love it, too. Sometimes I just put it out on the counter and stare at it. (I'm kidding, of course.)

Scott and Kristine said...

Gosh I admire you! I think you are one of those super moms out there. Boy is my life about to change! I do a lot of nothing when I get off work (Scott's not too bad to pick up after)and dinner for 2 non picky adults is pretty easy. I cant wait to have a little family of my own though! Your posts make me excited

Guerrero Family said...

Wow!! you are one lucky duck!! I don't remember what naptime is like...wish I did! You are pretty awesome getting all that stuff done! love ya.