
I feel so guilty! I got a comment from a friend requesting this recipe and I totally forgot! Rude---sorry!
Here's it is :D
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Shauna Kerr
Yields: a ton! Let me know if you find out--I always eat too much dough.
3/4 c. shortening or margarine
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. water
3 mashed bananas - slightly brown
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3 c. oatmeal
1 (120z.) pkg. chocolate chips
Beat together shortening, sugar, egg, water, mashed bananas and vanilla. Add: flour, salt and baking soda that have been sifted together. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
My comments:
This recipe gives me great memories of my aunt Shauna Kerr - she loves to bake and has such a talent for it! I can remember warm cookies at her house and yummy rolls on holidays. I think my favorite is her orange rolls. Mmmm. Thanks Shauna!
Optional variations-
-Half flour, half wheat.
-Half old fashioned oats, half quick oats.
-Put the oats in a food processor or blender first, to hide them a little from the kiddos.
Good as a breakfast snack or a dessert.
Also yummy served with a scoop of ice cream and a few fresh sliced bananas.
Here's it is :D
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Shauna Kerr
Yields: a ton! Let me know if you find out--I always eat too much dough.
3/4 c. shortening or margarine
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. water
3 mashed bananas - slightly brown
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3 c. oatmeal
1 (120z.) pkg. chocolate chips
Beat together shortening, sugar, egg, water, mashed bananas and vanilla. Add: flour, salt and baking soda that have been sifted together. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
My comments:
This recipe gives me great memories of my aunt Shauna Kerr - she loves to bake and has such a talent for it! I can remember warm cookies at her house and yummy rolls on holidays. I think my favorite is her orange rolls. Mmmm. Thanks Shauna!
Optional variations-
-Half flour, half wheat.
-Half old fashioned oats, half quick oats.
-Put the oats in a food processor or blender first, to hide them a little from the kiddos.
Good as a breakfast snack or a dessert.
Also yummy served with a scoop of ice cream and a few fresh sliced bananas.
1 comment:
Yay!!! Thanks Julie!
Post a Comment