Wednesday, February 4

Vons Deals 2/4-2/10


Junk food today----but does the toothpaste make up for it? 

Kellogg's Pop Tarts 8ct. / Kellogg's Fruit Snacks & other Kellogg's on sale
Use coupon in 1/4 SS $1 off 2. 
.50 each

Colgate Toothpaste .99
Use coupon in 1/4 SS .75 off 1 - doubles to $1 off
FREE

Today I picked up:

3 toothpaste = FREE
8 Pop Tarts (limit 8) = $4
2 Fruit Snacks 10pack = $1

$5 + tax 

Pretty good for brand name pop tarts and OK toothpaste.

My resale value for toothpaste is $1 per tube----if I sold them it would mean that I got the pop tarts for only $2 + tax. ... just thinking about the bottom line. Yes, I do sell some of the stuff I get for free at garage sales. I love it. The toothpaste and brushes sell really fast for $1 each---I get sooooo many of those for free-----pure profit! 

Here's a scenario. Lets just say that we split this up by $ per snack....there's 64 pop tarts & 20 fruit snacks. 84 snacks in all ----that's about .06 per snack. Pretty good. Note: I usually save these types of snacks for treats or road trips. I love that Jacob likes the pop tarts without the frosting - only a teeny bit less sugar but I'll take it! 

Warning: When buying anything in bulk----check ALL expiration dates and decide whether or not you'll actually use the items before they expire. When stacking in your pantry make sure to circle expiration dates and/or put the soonest expiring in the front. 

Happy Shopping - Julie

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the blog background change. Little birds are just so cute and happy! Sounds like you still got the savin' bug! I haven't saved much on groceries in a while but I'd like to. We need double coupons back. TRUE double coupons!!

Shumway FAM said...

i'm so excited about the pop tart deal. i want to go tomorrow, if it's not pouring rain. and excited to see if I can still get the L'oreal deal at CVS. pray for me that they'll have a lot of them tomorrow for me.
later.Enjoy AZ.