Tuesday, March 23

how stupid can i get?!!!

my car is getting worked on tomorrow...soooo i will be home all day...i planned on going to the grocery store tonight for a few groceries and a couple 2 liters of diet coke to last me tomorrow and thursday....essential for my happiness!!!!! (seriously...i'm not joking!) So, as soon as heath gets home I'll grocery shop, he'll put the kiddos to bed...blah blah....and tomorrow without my car will be a cinch. But...

...it started snowing around 2pm today...so i thought...OK well as soon as the kiddos wake up from their naps we are RUNNING (while driving carefully of course) to walmart for coke and getting back cause i won't be able to go tonight...I was thinking---well the snow is only going to get worse so i should go now before it gets too bad and too dark.

um....note to self...check the weather report....if it says, "heavy snow, severe weather" don't venture out. Stupid me. I live around nothing but hills and highways. I headed to walmart....thinking that the snow wasn't too bad yet...I can do this! I got soooo close to getting my d.coke then decided to turn back home asap (you know...the feeling that says get your stupid butt back home now~!~!) My kids were loooving our little snow adventure but then

I GOT STUCK in the snow...they weren't so happy. Me neither.

Thank goodness I was only stuck for like 3 minutes....whew. Cars just went around me for a few but then my little tires decided to forgive me and NOT MAKE ME LEARN the hard way. Thank you thank you thank you. Will not be venturing out for addictive substances during a snow storm ever again.

-j

4 comments:

Moss Family said...

I was picking up the phone to call you when I realized it was almost 10pm your time....ugh....call me tomorrow, I have got to hear all about this adventure! And of course see how you are doing and all. Talk to you soon

Scott and Kristine said...

I hate having to drive in snow. We used to live on a really big hill and I got stuck, then slid down it and missed a car but smacked the curb hard! I was on my way to get dinner when it happened, so I walked home and ordered pizza for delivery. The poor pizza guy was only 16 and white as a ghost from the delivery up the hill! I felt bad but my tummy was happy. Spring is coming soon hang in there.

Shumway FAM said...

the last paragraph is my favorite. Addictive substances...lol. i love you. glad you got your caffeine, and then you D. Coke last night. i FEEL you!

Julie Avery said...

Kristine...haha gotta LOOOOVE living on a hill :) excited for spring!