Friday, November 6

Cuddling

I decided to help give my kiddos more lovin we would start cuddling regularly. No, I julie avery don't cuddle with my kids. Jacob never liked to cuddle as a baby so I just sorta stopped trying years ago! Lexi, being like me more than her dad in this way...LOVES to kiss and hug and cuddle.

This morning while attempting our scheduled cuddling...we had an interesting experience. Each of us brought something to help with the cuddling - Jacob brought his kitty and his thomas (stuffed animal and thomas the train blanket), Lexi brought her butterfly blanket (gift from my wonderful cousin Wendy at Lexi's baby shower), and I brought a few pillows for comfort. Also knowing that I might need a shield in case things got a little out of hand.

So we headed to my bed and the conversations went like this. "OK kids, lets go cuddle for a little bit". Jacob, "What's cuddling mom?" "I'll show you sweetheart" (Note: I never call him that...but I was trying something new...more loving...lol). Attempting to tell them how to cuddle..."Here, lay down by me, grab your blankets, OK...now give me a hug...OK, now say...'I love you mommy'. And I'll say it back. And we'll give hugs and talk about whatever you want to talk about...I'll just listen and we'll be happy together". Jacob needed the full play by play plan so he knew exactly how to behave. Yes, what I said was a little cheesy...but I wasn't prepared for the explanation about exactly what cuddling is.

5 minutes into the alleged cuddling.

Jacob said, "Um...Mom...I think this is Resting"

Then he started hugging Lexi then poking her and saying, "I love you I love you I love you!" They started giggling and fooling around...Pillow fights, tickle fights, Mommy dog piles...you get the picture. Lexi started yelling in the mommy dog pile "I stuck, I stuck...I'm dumb, I'm dumb". So, apparently Lexi was done...me too.

We'll try again tomorrow.

Mission accomplished? Ya, maybe. The kiddos got some fun and lovin.

pj

4 comments:

Shumway FAM said...

this is my favorite post EVER! i love that you cuddled...

Haueter Family said...

i love this post. i can picture all of that happening and it's hilarious/adorable.

Moss Family said...

I LOVE it! What a great idea....cuddle time!

WF said...

so cute! you are too funny!
and i love being mentioned TwiCe!! too vain? ohh well.. love you