My pantry is filling up (should have pictures the entire pantry)....I'm still missing some major stockpile items---like canned fruit and veggies, cream of soup whatevea, and canned tuna or chicken....you know....good food storage stuff. I'm having a really hard time with the price points here (the best sale price to stock up on grocery items) so I'm sorta holding back to see how things go with the grocery stores here. So far, the groceries seem cheaper but the FREAKIN TORTILLAS are $4.50 for the brand I like What the heck!!!! Mexican is a major influence in our cooking because Heath's mom is mexican and my boy eats some form of a quesa at least once a day. Goodness. I'm having a heart attack here----so today I bought 3 different types of tortillas and we're just gunna have to find another brand we like. UGH!
Stockpile items in Hall Closet---Here's my opinion on stockpiling----I know that it would look better if it was stacked neatly on shelves (kinda like the picture below) but some things just work better in boxes. Here's a few highlights from this picture...Cotton balls, q-tips and feminine pads ALL FREE, Box of shampoo ALL FREE or less than .50, the box on the top is full of Medicine all costing less than .50 ea and most FREE, the blue bag is FULL of mitchum deodorant, and the box on the bottom has Razors, and a 2 year supply of toothpaste, toothbrushes, and mouthwash.
Here's the top of the Hall Closet---this is pretty much a year supply of most of the cleaning supplies I use. Some of my favorites are the Lysol wipes---not really showing much in the picture that I purchased for like .40 ea or something like that. I keep only the unopened items here and the opened items are in the Laundry room. Note: These are the top two shelves in the closet that I can barely even reach---but I feel better cause the kids can't reach.
Not pictured---Heath and I also have a 9-12 month stockpile of our favorite hygiene items in our bathroom cabinet for easy access.
Here's the rest of my stockpile items----All in boxes for the Garage Sale I'm having next weekend. yay! I have over 400 items and 90% of it will be selling for $1 or more. A ton of these items I got for FREE and Overage and only a handful of these items I actually spent a few quarters on....so the way average it out-----selling this will be PURE PROFIT! YAY!
Box at the bottom of my kitchen pantry----decor for my kitchen----this box makes me sad every time I see it----I really need to make some decisions and DECORATE! Ugh. In all the places I've lived (as a married woman:) the kitchen is the first room I decorate (and sometimes the only)....so this box is just killing me.
I made banana bread the other day---it looks pretty and yummy huh?! I was so happy that my hubby took some to work with him today....I actually cooked something (other than cookies) that someone likes! ** Sense aggression in my voice? Not your imagination. haha. Just kidding. I'm just having my usual I can't cook crisis. Whatever. Actually, I looked up 6 recipes on a crock pot recipe site (in my blogroll) to try. I'm excited.
1 comment:
I don't feel that I'm that great at cooking either. Half the time I don't even like it! ha ha
Post a Comment