Wednesday, January 21

I bought 340 items at Michaels!



Now I know what your thinking....what the....? Look at my receipts. HAHAHA. Ok----here's the scoop. The paper was on sale 7/$1 - not the cheapest ever----but a stinkin good deal! Since I'm on this scrapbooking kick right now I decided to take advantage! My wonderful mother gave me a gift card to Michaels for my birthday so I got all this paper for less than $20 out of pocket!! I also purchased a few other items like clearance Christmas embellishments and black letter stickers. The cashier Sheryl was so sweet...I told her that I had a TON of paper to ring up and she totally closed her line just to help me! Thanks :) I lined up the bar codes for her to help the process go a little faster----but it still took at LEAST 20 minutes. NO joke! And who knew.....there's a limit of 200 items per transaction----we figured that one out....lol. Hence the two receipts. Love it. I had my two kids with me and they were absolutely amazing!
**Pat on my back---I said to my boy during the transaction (for like the 3rd time in the store that day), "Jacob, your being such a good boy Thank You!" Then, Sheryl complimented me and said that I was a great mother and that my parenting techniques must be working. smile. "HA----I wish" I responded. Then she said that she saw my boy perk up when I said that, and that he grinned to himself. I kinda wish I had a more grateful response to the cashier but I think she realized that she made me feel good. Note: I complimented Lexi with kisses and "thank you's" at the store too----equality is good.
Side note:
Actually---I try very hard to have positive parenting and I DO feel like its working....yes my boy is absolutely a 44oz bottle of energy-----but that's ok. I actually love it. Almost as much as I love my 44oz diet coke.
Back to the SCRAP----Aren't they so cute...I only got a few duplicates of the stuff I totally loved and would use for more than one layout.

2 comments:

Shumway FAM said...

Yay! what have you scrapbooked? Looks like stuff for your Princess. Miss you. good job on totals. very impressive.

Jessica said...

Oh My Gosh! I wish I knew about that sale, I could have built my scrap booking stuff so much! I love the pages you got, they are all so cute!