In the wee hours of the morning I had to sneeze.
So, I did.
A big, blow all over the place
SNEEZE!
Then I heard a quiet little voice say, "Mom, you just put your germs all over me"
My brain barely registered the sound and couldn't figure out why my son, who should be
2 rooms away
high on his bunk bed
under his blue blanket
stuffed cat draped over his face
is speaking to me from the end of my bed.
The next words out of his mouth registered in my brain way too clearly for the time that registered on my sleepy clock.
"Mom, now my foot is covered in your germs. You really should sneeze into a tissue or your elbow to keep your germs to yourself"
What the what?!
My eyes flew open to see my son's
cute
6 year old
un-clipped toes
in my face.
With the greatest of care so not to disturb daddy's beauty rest,
"Get your feet out of my face and get out of my bed, SON!"
I'm grateful that my life is full
of love
laughter
and little ones.
Literally every second of the day, and night.
Good morning to all and to all a good day.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Julie Melissa
2 comments:
Love this!! Hope you have the best Thanksgiving Day!!
Ahhh....what a cute boy! I wish you guys were here this holiday. Miss you.
Post a Comment