
Today I was cradling my 5 year old (they grow soooo fast!)...talking with him and filling his head with the wonderful things in his future. Getting him excited about baptism, seminary, high school sports, temple, mission, college, marriage...
He is such a crack up to talk to. When he grows up he wants to Run Fast. I told him he can be a Runner! He also wants to play baseball. You can be an Athlete, I say.
What's an athlete?
I love his questions.
We talked about Uncle Stephan and that his name badge said Elder Moss. What do you think your name badge will say Jacob? What did daddy's name badge say? Elder Avery! That's right! Guess what else it says? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Can you say that?
Good job!
He loved that game.
When we talked about marriage I told him that at BYU he can meet a nice girl and go to the temple. (haha...raising a cougar!)
Who will I take to the temple?
Um, I don't know. You can meet her in college after your mission (OK...not the direction I was I thought he would take this...)
Then Jacob said he CAN'T take Melody (my friend Tasha's daughter) because she's faster than him. Love that. My little athlete doesn't want to be beat by a girl. Understandable. lol.
Soon my big boy Jacob will be too old to sit on his mommy's lap. I cherish these moments when he loving looks at me and says, "I like to talk to you mom."
I like to talk to you son.
I love sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment