Saturday, June 4

The crazy stuff they say...

My children crack me up.

Lexi, "Just go to sleep mom. Go in your room, close your eyes, and GO TO SLEEP Mooooom!"
I bite my tongue and don't say, "Don't mind if I do little punk"
Mom says instead, "Do you need water? I think you're dehydrated"
I don't say, "Because I sure need a drink...a good strong one. Like diet coke, yes that will do"

Jacob, "Um mom. Lexi like um colored on the water um...the like...um...the water table."
Mom, "Huh? What are you trying to tell me son? Show me."
Jacob. "Lexi (pointing to the bathroom), she colored on the like um water table!"
Mom, "The sink? Oh goodness, thank for telling me Jacob. That was very responsible."
Mom didn't say, "In this country we call it a sink"

Did u like that..."Responsible"...linking the 'to be' with the 'to do'. Yup, I'm a dork but it freakin works!

And...do you like that my boy talks like Shaggy on Scooby Do and ads random likes and ums. Its just awesome. He thinks its cool. But when he wants something from me...he straightens right up and talks like the 10 year old I expect him to be. Yup my 5 year old 10 year old. That's how we roll over here in the Big A. (A for Avery...haha...I'm bored).

No comments: