Tuesday, June 21

Cookie Decorator!

NOT MY COOKIES....the image is from Sweet Sugar Belle...located on my sidebar...I love her site! :)


And just like that...I'm a cookie decorator! Well, not really...just one in my head.

I've been researching cookie decorating for a few months now ... I'm hooked.

Step 1 - Research: Find the best products and methods for optimum results.

Step 2 - Purchase just enough products to get started practicing.

Step 3 - Practice piping on plates or parchment paper, not cookies yet :)

Step 4 - Practice more...

Step 5 - And more...

Step 6 - And a little more...

Step 7 - Practice baking the perfect batch of sugar cookies.

Step 8 - Marry the two...and practice on a cookie :)

Step 9 - Love the finished product (will I ever get to that point?)

Step 10 - Learn to ship them to my family and friends! Yes, that's you!!!

6 years ago I was obsessed with learning to make amazing chocolate chip cookies...like the kind of cookies that my teenage children will brag about...now that I've mastered that (no humility...I'll admit it) I need another obsession.

Some may ask, Why not start practice on real cookies? Because we'd eat them! NO, not good for my Weight Watchers lifestyle...not to be confused with a DIET...my new lifestyle :) Also, the frosting is relatively cheap to make so practicing daily won't be costly.

I'm currently on step 2. lol. My cookie making investments will be small....until I decide whether or not I have a steady enough hand...I'm not exactly an artist...like my sweet husband...so this may be a total flop!

We'll see. Enjoy the journey!

I'll be blogging all about it! :)

j

No comments: