Friday, October 1

yuck




So we keep a recycling bin outside on the porch. I brought it in to fill it then took it straight to the car, emptied the contents into the recycling on the other side of the property and went about the rest of my day. Took Jacob to preschool, lexi down for a nap, watched an episode of Lost, baked bread (yay...my newest love), cleaned the kitchen, folded some laundry, picked up Jacob...




Then when we got back from preschool pickup Jacob screamed cause he saw a big 'ol praying mantis IN THE KITCHEN!!!! What the heck!!!?? Lexi runs out of the room... I stay and I'm frantically looking for a tupperware or something to get this thing outside...yuck! I feel like I'm crawling with bugs on my skin. I step on a freaking wheat thin on the floor a FLIP OUT cause it crunches and everything...eeeewwwww.




Why do I have BUGS in my kitchen. Need I remind you my husband has been in the Pest Control business since like Forever...and a Praying Mantis...a Praying Mantis...IN MY HOME....IN MY KITCHEN....Really!?




I'm starting to speculate as to how, when, and why this CREATURE is in my kitchen then figured it had to be from the recycling bin from 3 and a half hours ago...I was cooking next to that creature. Ugh! GROSS!!!




Then out of the blue....our FEARLESS LEADER Princess Lexi comes out of the bathroom with a tissue and says, "Mom, I got this." (um, seriously?)




No, I didn't let my 2 year old handle this...we captured the little bugger and released it into the wild. whew. now off to make dinner and try not to have crawly skin the whole time.




ACK...while posting this Jacob came in freaking out cause he feels like something is crawling on his neck.




Dinner out tonight FOR SURE...Jambalaya was on the menu. Canceled

1 comment:

Haueter Family said...

oh geez. crazy and hilarious night in the avery home. lexi is hilarious and jacob would think something was crawling on his neck. LOVE IT.