Tuesday, October 19

Fall Fun...and my NEW LOVE!



Just blogging about Colorado life cause I feel like it :) Wish y'all could visit!

I have a new love! I purchased new "buffet lamps" from Target purrrrrfect for my Buffet! I wanted to brighten up the dining area cause the little pot light in the ceiling was just not enough light! A chandelier would be divine...but I'm only here in CO for 17 or 18 more weeks. Yes, counting. What am I even bothering with decor? Because I move ALL THE TIME and if I never decorated...I would live in a sad WHITE HOLE of a home that I hate. :D So here's the pictures of our house FALLING INTO HALLOWEEN. fun stuff.
I guess I don't really have anything super spooky or leaves and pumpkins all over...just a little decor worked into the space. Works for me.

I'm not a super decorator...just kinda do what I like.


See that "Family" plaque thing? That took me 3 freakin hours to make at our ward craft night. The stand under it is from a thrift shop $.50 (saweet...got 2!)


The pumpkin is from Hobby Lobby (I love the black stem on the top!) and the stand is from goodwill for $1 that I spray painted black.



The large white plate is a pasta dish from a wedding gift :) and the other 2 plates are from my most fabulous friend Cari! The "BOO" is target clearance milk bottles and I added vinyl letters.


Banner on the patio door...to make up for my lack of curtains... :(



The spooky faces are kinda a border around the TV room. The kiddos love them. Since Jacob and Lexi are both in preschool they are coming home with all kinds of halloween/fall decor items...so I put some up with the banner on the patio door and the rest on the door to their room. They love to see all that stuff!


Dining room...with my fab new lights! The natural light coming in makes the lights look super duper orange...but honestly...they look good...swear! :)



See...they look better in this picture right?! And see the cute pics of my babies...awe...those frames actually ended up going on the shelf in my Heath's office.


So...thanks for taking a peak...that was fun right?! I want to see your decor too!! I need ideas for Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Lexi Rae said...

ok I LOVE your decorations! The milk bottles are SO CUTE! And I LOVE your lamp

Julie the Wiser said...

Your home looks so cute! Wish I was there to enjoy it first hand! I miss you guys....

Shumway FAM said...

love and miss. so glad the plates came in handy somewhere. lol.