Monday, July 5

4th Activities!

So, yesterday was fun fun! We had church in the AM and then a fun family lunch afterwards. We had Italian Turkey Burgers (with yummy seasonings, basil instead of lettuce, and tomatoes...mmm). Our red, white, and blue Jello (of course!!), and Bratwurst to make it a little more traditional. I forgot to cook the corn on the cob...shoot. The salad I made was OK...not my favorite. I like holiday meals that don't leave me so full (usually of junk) that I need a nap immediately afterwards...this one did pretty good.

It rained for most of the afternoon so we were a little wary about going out for fireworks...but we did! Crazy crazy. It was pouring rain while we were loading our car to leave and laughing about it all the way!~ The rain let up a little during the fireworks show and then fiercely poured during the finally and the short walk to the car. We met up with some friends there and enjoyed their company (but I was really missing my family...I love 4th of July with the Moss Family...so many memories!)Last year in Arizona it was 110 degrees during the fireworks...this year in Colorado it was in the 50's. Gotta love this mountainous weather.

thats all for now folks.

j

1 comment:

Kacie said...

Yay!


Thats all I neeed to say... you get it.