Monday, March 29

self clean

don't you wish your house had a SELF CLEAN mode like on your oven. Your bedroom door locks...leaving you trapped inside to do whatever you want...as your home gets cleaned all on its own! hmmm...then what would i have to do all day if I didn't have my mommy chores? awww...the possibilities. :) don't get me wrong...I DO NOT clean all day...especially since my new tiny home takes so little time to clean up. saaaweeet.

i'm making STUFFED POCKETS for dinner tonight and I'm soooo excited. They are made with frozen bread dough and I've been putting off making these puppies cause its been so cold lately...and I live at 6000 feet elevation so high altitude cooking surely applies, plus i'm not the best cook...blah blah...excuses excuses...so TODAY IS THE DAY! I'm cooking those stinkin pockets.

I wanted to have the bread rise for 6 hours like the package said...but I was worried that it was too cool in my house...so I had this brilliant idea to put my oven 0n a self cleaning mode and have the dough on the range above the oven (not IN the oven...on top...) Brilliant right? helps with keeping it a little warmer...um HELLOOOO the self cleaning mode freakin stinks...so I have to turn on the little fan thing PLUS open the patio door...letting in the cool air outside...oh my...I hope this bread thing works.

the recipe...As usual I was worried about trying a new recipe and then I saw the author...My Amazing Aunt Shauna who makes super yummy food! yay! So...I'm so excited for dinner tonight!

The recipe...

Stuffed Pockets
by: Shauna Kerr

1 lb. fresh bread dough or frozen dough, thawed
12 c. frozen chopped broccoli thawed
1/2 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 c. part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
1/2 c. dices Canadian bacon

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll or pat each piece on floured surface into 8x6-inch ovals. Squeeze out excess liquid from broccoli. Place in bowl along with ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, pepper sauce and Canadian bacon; stir to combine. Spoon filling lengthwise down center of each piece of dough. Fold dough over to cover filling, pressing edges together to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cut 2 slits in top of each to vent steam. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.


Yay! I'm so excited...if I can pull off this recipe...I'll be making another batch this week to see how they freeze...yummy homemade HOT POCKETS...sweet.

j

1 comment:

Julie the Wiser said...

That looks delicious. How did it turn out??