Do you shop garage sales? If not...then you might not enjoy this post...
Yes...I'm crazy. The weekend before I'm moving out of state...I went to garage sales...I HAD TO!! My sisters and I have a little tradition...most Saturdays we go around 7am to QT (gas station that I LOOOOVE) and get me a d.coke, donuts for all of us...and we go shopping!
Some Saturdays we're gone for 2 hours...some only an hour or so...I always bring Jacob and Lexi...they love/hate garage sales...and always get something by the end of the trip.
This week...
Jacob bought:
back massager (um...ok...he liked that it spun on the table while it vibrated...alrighty)
helicopter (like he doesn't have enough toys)
I think that's it...he spent $2
I Purchased:
drum roll please...
TONS of gap and old navy winter clothes for LEXI! yay! Like 12 pieces and 2 sweatsuits, 1 bathing suite and a bathing suite cover. Saweeeet...winter clothes for Colorado that will fit clear thorough next winter...and a cute suite to fit this summer! Price: $16 - um HELLO!? :) I LOVE name brand clothes for the kids cause they are do durable (thanks to my amazing friend Jen Kent that passes on AMAZING & expensive clothes to Jacob :)
Puddle Jumpers, pink $2 - to help with the snow for now...her current pair of boots aren't water proof...plus I would rather die than to have her walk in the dirt, snow, rain, mud...with her adorable black furry boots. haha.
SNOW SHOES!! for Jacob! Just his size...very nice pair that are totally new! $1 can you believe it! Bonus...they are black...so totally unisex for Lexi to wear in a while. yay.
Here's the deal...I was SICK about that fact that my cute boy would want to play in the snow when we get there...but that I wasn't prepared to let him do so cause snow stuff just isn't as available here as in Colorado....how sad...I'm transplanting him to a new place and he wouldn't even be about to explore the first few days there til I buy him boots...my son LOVES to play outside and dig in the dirt :) scroll down and you'll see a few pictures from previous posts. Now he can! (minus the parka he will need...anyone have one?)
SNOW SCRAPER! for my car! Seriously...I found a snow scraper in Arizona! It's cute...it has a fur mitten thing over the handle so your hands don't get covered in snow. LOVE IT! $.50
Another story...I had a bad dream Friday night that I was in my new home and sad to be in Colorado and all I wanted to do was to get a coke and go grocery shopping with my kids...but I was so unprepared for the snow that I couldn't even scrape the snow off my car...I was crying in my dream trying to get all that snow crap off my car to take my kids to the grocery store. Stupid...I know...but I worry about stupid stuff like that. And ... I found a snow scraper ... awwww .... He cares about the little stupid things in my life.
Um...what else...oh... a soap dispenser (dumb) but it was so pretty, child lock door handle thing, 3 books (I have an obsession with hardback books that are pretty colors...not the book cover part...the actual book...I'll take pictures sometime of my collection...) ... I think total I paid $4 for all that. ps...my book obsession doesn't even come CLOSE to my sister Chelsey's obsession...and she actually reads the books! what a concept!
So total we spent $25 but LOVED every minute of it...getting time to be with my sisters and getting WINTER stuff for COLORADO! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment