
My 4 year old doesn't believe in Santa. WTF!!??
Well, not really. Here's what happened yesterday...
We were looking at Christmas lights a little before dusk (hunting for Christmas lights was more like it since not many were on yet)... so ...
I pointed out a Santa Clause and told Jacob that Santa says, "ho ho ho". Lexi repeats, "ho ho ho". So cute. I'm loving all the fun new words she's repeating these days.
I then gave Jacob a little tutorial about Santa and the present (SINGULAR) that Santa brings on Christmas day. Jacob quickly corrected me and said that Santa doesn't bring a present...mom does.
A little shocked I said, "Jacob, Santa brings you a present too, not just mommy". (feeling a little weird about telling a lie...but this is considered a white lie right...a white as snow lie...haha. I crack myself up).
He told me I was wrong several times...no matter what way I phrased it the result was the same...the present doesn't come from Santa.
Alrighty then...COAL for you. I definitely didn't say that...I try not to threaten when I can avoid it. I leave the threats for bedtime and meal times. Loving this kiddo.
ps...Santa - can you please bring me one of those puppies...and a puppy nanny too. My girl really really likes "doggies and puppies", Jacob too...
J
1 comment:
we've had to tell our kids that santa drops off an unwrapped gift and mom and dad wrap it. it would be too much for those elves to do if they had to make the toys AND wrap them!! your boy is one smart cookie!
Post a Comment