We have a little problem in our house.
My boy likes to find anything that can draw, color, or make a mess and expand his artwork onto the walls, floors, COUCHES, and my desk. I'm trying really hard to keep everything out of reach or in hiding places...but seriously...how do you hide everything potentially hazardous or harmful to him (or my house!) it just doesn't seem possible.
So in my effort to stop the coloring madness, my family and friends and I have put hour heads together and this is our solution.
Every night we're having a 30 minutes Coloring Fun Time! If Jacob is obedient and doesn't color on anything or open pens and leak them all over my carpet, or draw on my desk with permanent makers (i could go on and on) then we get to have a super fun coloring time! This will give him something to look forward to and a little incentive to be obedient.
Yesterday, I also had his on a drawing program on the computer for 10 minutes. He liked it, but is still a little young and is learning the mouse thing.
Last night, it was so cute! It was night 2 of our color session and it seemed to work yesterday. No mishaps during the day. He was so excited when it was time to color. We never really color at home, but he colors every week at church. So last night he said, "YAY, MOM! Its time to have primary coloring in mommy's house!" :) I smiled and cheered with him.
More thoughts...my boy is just artistic like his dad. I honestly think he just needs a way to get all that creativity out of his head and onto a medium that is appropriate. I'm loving the bonding time with the kids and its also a time to learn letter, colors, and numbers. I also try to sing songs with the kids..that's a whole other story.
Have a great day.
-pj
1 comment:
good luck. i think you're on the right track. be careful singing songs, tho...lol. maybe you could print out a big letter and a number every night to color too...
there's so many good websites to print from. let me know if you come to a blank, ever.
love ya
Post a Comment