Thursday, June 11

Summer Fun - Pictures of the Kids!

Joining us for lunch----this past week when we went to the Zoo it was really early so the zookeepers were still getting ready for the day. In the Farm Area they had the chickens and other animals roaming around. The kids loved it. We had a little snack and guests! The peacock was behind Jacob hanging out and occasionally got a little too close for me. The stinkin Chickens were walking all over my feet and bugging Lexi. So funny. The other pics of this aren't loading. Ugh. My computer and camera hate me. We didn't feed any of them---they just wanted to hand out.

Jacob's First Day of Swimming Lessons! He's chewing on the goggle strap. He's doing pretty well at swimming lessons. He likes it enough to continue going and get in the water. yay! I'll take it! With family so close by - we're going to the pool often so Jacob and Lexi are loving it!

My Lexi thinks the fridge belongs to her. She grabs whatever she wants and comes to beg for it. She LOVES food. Currently her lips are saying, "PLEASSSSE"

Jacob sits by the door while he's waiting for me to finish getting ready. It seems like such an exodus every time we leave the house. You know, all the little things, like water cups, snacks, shoes, etc. Whats funny to me about this picture is that - WE DON'T EVEN EXIT THIS DOOR. HaHa. We go through the garage cause the car is in there. Lol. But this helps him feel like he's pushing me more to get out the door. Funny.

He also likes to wait by this door when Grandma is on her way over. They get SO excited when my mom comes. When she pulls up I let him, and Lexi sometimes, RUN out there to "help" her out of the car. They LOVE IT!

Lexi in the car. I love her hair.
Lexi and Jacob on Memorial Day at my mom's house. Playing the piano quite well. Jacob doesn't just pound on it. He carefully plays one note at a time (usually :). They like to play together.
Raisins, the kiddos and grandma Moss are picking up raisins. I love that my mom turns everything with the kiddos in to games and learning experiences. I just told Jacob to pick it up...and my mom turned it into a counting game. I feel so blessed that my kids can be living so close to my mom. She really is a GREAT mom and grandma.
Lexi, Jacob, and Cousin Tate.
Summer Movies! Yes, my kids are actually attending and LOVING the summer movies. Jacob doesn't always sit...but LEXI doesn't MOVE from her chair....NO JOKE! Its so funny.

This picture was from the first movie we went to..but last week----Lexi had a popcorn 4 inches from her face and she just ate popcorn and watched the movie the entire time. I was literally laughing out loud at her. I forgot the camera that time. Shoot. I'll try to get a picture this week (today!). Last week was Nim's Island---not even animated and she still sat there. That just shows you the type of child she is. I'm loving this Summer Movie thing. I remember going as a kid. Great Memories :)

Jacob at the Zoo---this was a new discovery for Jacob. He is usually walking at the zoo, no stroller, so i takes us a LONG time to travel through the zoo. BUT THAT'S GREAT----its always full of new discoveries for us. This exhibit is hidden in the trees and is a little pathway, I think it was ...something De Oro? I circled it on the map. It had a broken down truck, an old tent (indiana jones ride feel...). Also there was a white faced monkey, beautiful parrots, and this great fish aquarium. I loved it cause they were right at his eye level. We were seriously there for 30 minutes. It was also in the shade. Ahhh. Now I like that.

We have zoo passes and we try to go once a week. Heath's work is less than 5 miles from the Zoo so we make a day of it! We usually go to the zoo SUPER early, stay for about 2 hours (or less depending on the heat) then stop by daddy's work for a few minutes. I love it. This particular trip it was just me and the kids...other trips sometimes include some type of combination of ... my mom, sisters, Tenille & her kids.

Lexi has found her match. She loves this little girl in the Little People Play area at the Zoo. I've taken a million pictures the kids in this play area. Its so CUTE and so fun. It looks like the Little People Farm we have at home. There's even a barn!

No comments: