Monday, April 6

On my lunch hour...$6

While the kids were napping today---my lunch hour...
I made a changing table pad cover and a fitted sheet for Lexi's crib! I wanted black and pink nursery decor but it just isn't easy to find and I was feeling a little Martha....so WHAM BAM! (haha---added for effect). SUPER easy By the Way.
You totally can't see ANY detail at all---that's why I decided a zoom pic on the changing table pad was pointless. Oh well. Still looks good right?

I googled some sites to help me make the items, bought cheap fabric for $2 a yard (w/coupon) and I already had the thread, elastic and sewing machine (MINT condition since I never use it). The way I wager it ----this project cost me less than $6. Wohooo! But If I wanted to make more colors to swap it out with (like a pink and black striped fabric that I saw and looooved) then it would cost me like $8-$10 depending on the fabric. Assuming 2 coupons---for the elastic and the fabric. Haha. I only really think in coupons.
It took me about 2 hours---Lexi joined me while making the changing table pad cover. Not a very good helper might I add and made my quick project into bonding time.

The room isn't finished---hence the lack of full room photos. Saving that for later :) Mostly the room is black and pink...I had some photos of the room in a previous post of the house but those are already "out of date". I guess that's what happens when your settling in.
Sites I used:

2 comments:

Shumway FAM said...

wow. I'm so impressed, Martha, i mean Julie...so cool. let's make aprons soon.

melissa gargalis said...

I am super impressed. Maybe I'll have to give that a shot. My boys have kind of torn up our last changing pad cover. I'll have to check out the links. Thanks.