AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Can you stinkin believe this?! My poor baby girl -12mo- fractured her left radius, one of the arm bones. sad face!
She fell on on of the chairs at our dining table. What the heck?! She totally wants to be a big kid like her brother so I sat her on the chair next to me- I was making the invitations to my sister's shower and she was looking at a book. I was thinking to myself, wow she's being so good, then POW! SCREAM! OH NO! I was sitting RIGHT THERE and I didn't react fast enough. I feel so much regret!
Oh goodness. I cannot even tell you how terrible I feel. When I look at her now----every time she's walking or trying to climb I feel like I just want to scoop her up, hold her, and never let her go. Ooooooooo-----I feel like such a terrible mommy. I know I'm not----but OH she's so small. So Much for MOM of the Year!?! HA! My little princess is breakable. I knew that---I just didn't expect something so small like tumbling off a chair to BREAK HER!? I'm feel so grateful that it wasn't Jacob's fault, and so glad that it wasn't her leg...she would be so sad not being able to move around. The cast will be on for 2 weeks---then they'll x-ray it again and see if its OK to remove.
So here's a few pics of Lexi before and after we got the cast. Sorry---had some issues with moving the pics so they're just out of order.
Attempting a bath. She would NOT look at me. She hated the plastic---plus plastic is really dangerous in the bath so I was almost inside the bath while bathing her. No toys, just business. Poor girls loves her bath time.
still a happy girl :D what the heck is she wearing...half pj's??
Before the cast---still using the hand----just pressure would make her cry in pain.
Can we get this over with please? Your making me sit on this high table and my mom is having a heart attack, but apparently comfortable enough to take pictures and video----has she learned anything from this? *Mom holding the right foot*
This is Jacob's friend Kendra---She has a fractured wrist! She has a pink cast just like Lexi! :D
Our trip to Michael's...the kids were so so so cute. Lexi would hit the cart with her cast and the two of them would just CRACK UP! Jacob is such a big helper (sometimes) and Lexi is the perfect age for shopping! She's alert and happy to be out and looking at fun things and isn't trying to get out of the cart. 5 more months and she'll be a monster at the store----ooooo-----not looking forward to that.


2 comments:
The pick cast is cute thought =) So sorry about the arm....it'll all be over soon
Julie! That is so sad, but you still deserve the mom of the year award, I mean you did get her a PINK CAST! And she looks super cute! :)
Post a Comment