Wednesday, December 24

Kid Friendly Tree!


This year we are at my in laws for Christmas and they haven't had a real tree for at least 10 years....what?! So we HAD to pick one up. Our beautiful tree was only $24 from Home Depot and I love it. It was FROZEN when we picked it out and it was funny cause while we were peeling apart the branches the frost was falling on the floor. funny funny. We waited for it to dry then put on the lights and the paper garland. I traced Jacob's hands for the 'snowflakes' on the tree and made little pillow-like ornaments with the sowing machine and some pinking sheers. Me, Heath, and the kids went to Joann's to pick out fabric for the ornaments----matching red and green for mom and dad, blue Thomas the train Christmas for Jacob, and pink hello kitty Christmas for Lexi (not my favorite but its cute). Jacob loves the tree and it definitely makes a house a Christmas home.


Sick just in time for Christmas.
Jacob woke up the other night crying saying that his ear hurt and he wanted a band-aid and kisses. Lol. I was searching for blood or something thinking he scratched it or hit it on the wall...nope. I gave him a band-aid, lots of kisses, and Tylenol cause he was burning up. Then a half hour later he was crying saying that he needs more kisses and band-aids cause his ear still hurts. ahhh. So cute. Poor boy now has to have band-aids around the clock---and meds :) We took him and Lexi both the the Dr. just to check the coughing and noses. Since Jacob has 'cold induced asthma' I'm a very paranoid mother when it comes to my kids health. I try to keep up on the latest info on kids health and I know that cold meds aren't good for my kids soo....just thought I would check in the dr. to make sure everything is A OK! Dr. said he has an ear infection and he's not wheezing. Thank goodness. Lexi...

Here's a pic of my happy little princess. She has a sinus infection but it still smiling! lol. She has snot and drool all over her in this pic. Poor baby. Needless to say---I am one tired mother! I haven't been very happy lately and haven't really been 'all here' as far as being happy go lucky like I usually am. My kiddos are needy this week and I feel so sad that they don't feel good - poor babies. It looks like we're almost done with this round of colds...and once again - mom didn't get sick! Thank you very much. I haven't been sick with a cold for almost a year! I'm so proud of myself. I take airborn at the first sign of colds in our house and that seems to work for me---plus maybe a good immune system? (knock on wood). Heath on the other hand...gets sick EVERY MONTH! I swear...no lie. It stinkin drives me nuts. Top on my list of most annoying things in the world---a sick husband. Anyone agree? Note: mom's don't get sick days...need I say more?

I don't have time to be sick----so I just don't get sick. Headaches...that's another story.


Decorating the tree
why don't I have a pic of Jacob...shoot?!

My little creation.

Close up of our KID FRIENDLY tree. No glass (except for the lights). All edible. lol.

1 comment:

Shumway FAM said...

come on...it's been weeks since you posted something...lol. j/k
miss you.