Monday, October 27

We're Moving!

Its official
We're moving to Arizona!

Heath will be starting a new pest control company along with the the owner of Moxie, Dave in Phoenix AZ next summer. (Dave with be the $ and Heath will the the operations) Yea! We're due to report to the new location around the beginning of February. These next few months Heath will be wrapping up things here in SoCal & preparing for the new office. Since, our lease here in Corona is up end of November...instead of going month to month ($1650.00 yikes) we'll be moving to Heath's parents in Morongo Valley (20 minutes north of Palm Springs) for about 2 months. Heath will probably spend most of his days in San Diego preparing with the operators for the other 2 branches opening up next summer too. We're so excited for this new adventure! I'm a little concerned about the weather - - - but I visit my mom there several times a year - - - and i really think that the climate isn't that bad. In the fall and spring the weather is absolutely beautiful. And the housing, affordable! Crazy.

There's a lot of work to be done these next 3 weeks preparing for the move (kill me). Our POD for storage will be arriving probably the 14th of Nov and we have 5 days to load it before Heath will be too busy with work stuff to do anymore moving. We plan on being out of our apt. before Thanksgiving (at my moms:). That's only 4.5 weeks. wow.
I'm trying not to think about how sad I am about leaving all my ties in SoCal...our callings, my friends, Jacob's little buddies, family, beautiful weather---DISNEYLAND! But this move is really for the best. On the upside - I really do have lots of family and Heath's parents here in SoCal so I'm hoping to visit often.

Wish me luck these next few weeks packing with my 2 little rascals! I've already packed 32 boxes. Yup---I've counted every one. Why? Cause I'm crazy. I keep telling myself that this will be the most organized move I've ever had. But----how on earth do you pack up everything you have BUT put aside the stuff you'll need for 2 months (maybe more) living at someone else's house? Goodness. At least I don't need cleaning stuff or kitchen supplies. That's a plus right? Do I bring lots of toys or just a couple cause Christmas is coming? Do I bring my scrapbook stuff cause I WILL be bored all day? Should I bring a couple Christmas decorations so I'm not too sad about not having Christmas at my own place? I feel so unorganized. I need boxes. Anyone have boxes?

5 comments:

Lexi Rae said...

WOO HOO! I'm SO EXCITED for you Julie! How fun, well not so much the moving part, but living in AZ by your family! How fun!

Guerrero Family said...

Hey! How exciting for you...I will miss you, but I am leaving myself! I am a pro at living in someone elses house. trust me the bare minimum is best. especially with toys. we've collected so many things over the months that now there are tons of toys and when you unpack again you'll have a lot of toys that haven't been seen in awhile. definitely leave something for yourself to do, trust me you'll need it. but pack as much as you can, you'll see it all again in a couple months.

Moss Family said...

YA! I can't waiT!

Cari Coupons said...

what? moving? well, i never....j/k. so happy for you. will miss you more than you will ever know.

Scott and Kristine said...

So excited for you! I can't wait to live by more family. Will you get to be close to your parents?