Tuesday, July 8

I went to CVS again today...Crazy I know. I took my sisters with me so they could each pick out a CVS skincare item for $2 or less and get it for FREE - using the coupon on my previous post.

We were there for over an hour because I was fighting with the cashier. Ugh.

My transaction wasn't working right and it wasn't giving me the deal that I wanted. The ECBs weren't printing and the cashier and I couldn't figure out why. So I said - just refund it all!!!! I didn't want the deal that bad. (Not my CVS - it was one in AZ...they are crazy!) Without going into too much detail...

They told me no - we can't refund the entire purchase. The purchase that I just made 2 minutes ago. I didn't even leave the register yet, Can you believe that? They said that they cannot refund the whole amount because I got too much savings with the coupons and wouldn't give me back my coupons either! I threw a fit - nicely - but let them know how I felt about it. We were talking about me loosing $6!! That's a lot in the coupon world. Not only was my purchase supposed to Make Me Money with my ECB's (they didn't know that) but now it was going to Cost Me Money instead. NO WAY!!!

After 25 minutes at the register I got what I wanted. AND I got the deals! (well, except one - but what's the saying, "choose your battles" ? )

Today My deals were:

4 Pert Plus - FREE (2 - $3 coupons, 2 - $2 coupons, sale price 2/$5)
2 Pretzels - .38 ($1 off of 2)
2 CVS Pantiliners - FREE ($2 coupon) + Earned $.99 ECBs
4 Olay Products - $15.50 (2 - $1 coupons, 1 - $2 coupons, 1 - $1.50 coupon) + Earned $10 ECBs.
$4 off of $20 coupon

So today's purchase...

NOT a money maker...sad face. It would have been if the Revlon deal had worked out... oh well. BUT it turned out to be not that bad - I spent about $14 and earned $10.99 ECBs. Olay products ~ pretty good deal I think. And actually I didn't spend any money OOP (out of pocket) because I had a gift card from a transfer prescription. Sweet Huh!?

I feel a little better about my fiasco now - I needed to think it through and believe it or not, blogging helps me to calculate it all out and see how I did. :) I REALLY need to go to sleep...long day. Lexi will probably be up in 2 hours, that makes me more tired just thinking about it. Almost 5 months and she's still not sleeping through the night!!! - Jacob was sleeping 8+ hours at about 9 weeks. Oh my Goodness...Jacob just started crying...poor boy, wonder why. later

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You're my HERO! I emailed you. Check it out.

Shumway FAM said...

thought you would have posted Chick fil a pics by now...
sheesh
later.