Where to start...
Jacob had his first honest to goodness tantrum today. Not just a meltdown, it was a full blown 2 year old tantrum. I have never seen him throw such a fit! No reason, not tired, not hungry, not over stimulated, hot, bored, needing attention...he just wanted to throw a fit!! Then, Lexi started crying because she's hungry and tired. Goodness! Believe it or not I started laughing to myself thinking - this is what I signed up for, you can do it Julie! :) Then 10 seconds later I got to my senses and all the sudden I felt 20 degrees hotter. Thankfully the fit only lasted a few minutes and all was blissful again in the Avery household.
Confession...Jacob ate his sisters medicine today. It was only her eye drops. He took off the lid with his teeth and gulped it down. I called the pharmacy to refill the prescription and to talk to the Dr. to make sure Jacob was going to be ok. She laughed and said that it was probably less than 4ml and he'll be just fine, lots of liquids. THEN, Lexi's nurse called to ask what happened and 5 minutes later another nurse called to ask how Jacob is and gave me the poison control number in case I have any problems. Let me just say this, all other prescriptions are out of reach but it just didn't occur to me that the eyedropper should be too. The 3 people that called about the incident all were probably thinking - crazy mom - watch your kid. haha. The moms out there already know without me saying this...you can't watch them every second so a baby proof house is best! Has this happened to anyone else?
1 comment:
First...I am glad Jacob is ok...now with that said...that is HILAROUS!?! I could really only laugh at your adventures for the day! It's always a crazy day when you have toddlers at home, huh?
I love that you update your blog...and I love that you have a blog!!! I'm excited to try your new recipe!!
Oh, and I have really enjoyed talking to you the last few days...we should for sure keep that up! And I am TOTALLY bummed that I won't be here when you come!?! You will have to come again soon!
Post a Comment