Wednesday, May 9

Lexi

Exhausted after Dance class

After eating cereal today, rubbing her tummy Lexi says, "My baby is full now". Then walks away :) She loves pretending to be pregnant just like mommy. While cleaning the bathroom with Jacob she often puts her stuffed bear under her shirt and just cleans like that. It's like she prefers to do her chores with her baby in her tummy. (I sure don't!) I love her. I tell her everyday that she is going to be a great big sister. She is very excited for her little brother coming at the end of this month.

While eating a snack this afternoon Lexi was pretending with her food. Often while pretending she uses names of people she knows like Courtney (my sister :) or grandma, or Paul (my brother that lives closest to us). Today while eating almonds Lexi was pretending that 2 of the almonds were visiting teaching another almond. Guess who my visiting teaching buddy is?! :) Lexi loves to visit with me. One of the sisters we visit is 87, Sister Sperry. She is just amazing. Lexi loves her so much and the two of them sit and cuddle during the visit or Lexi plays at her feet with a basket of toys provided by Sister Sperry. You can just tell that she is an amazing mother/grandmother/great grandmother. My daughter isn't an angel at every visiting teaching appointment...but at Sister Sperry's Lexi is just in heaven.

Lexi is in her 2nd session of a little dance movement class. She looks adorable running around and doing little ballet pleas. Her performance next week is to one of the songs on RIO and she gets to wave around a little scarf. Oh its just precious!

In July she will start swim lessons and in the fall Lexi will start preschool. Lex is so excited to be a big girl and have her very own school to go to! Mommy will miss her :(

Lexi and I do everything together! She is my shopping buddy, my Cafe Rio buddy (one a week baby!), and she helps me with dishes, laundry, and getting the mail. She's my shadow and I love it! If I'm taking a nap (while my kiddos are awake;) she'll come cuddle up next to me and I wake with a cute little sleeping beauty next to me. I cherish these times with her.

Currently, Lexi's sitting on the floor next to me, not sleeping like she should be because she's waiting up for daddy, she's looking at a book and making up stories. Wait, take that back...she just climbed on the table and is rearranging the napkins. She is just like me! Lexi also likes to pretend she is crocheting like mommy. She says she makes little blankets for 'her baby'.

Everywhere we go she gets complimented on her long "chocolate" hair (as she calls it :) and often times she smiles and giggles. I try to coach her to say thank you but the strangers talking to her freaks her out a bit sometimes. haha. Get used to it sweetie...you're adorable!

Several times a day Lexi asks me to read her a story. I love that FINALLY my children are interested in reading. But my goal of always saying yes (within reason) to story request is KILLING ME. Since we now have a designated "reading room" in main area of the house the kids have quick access to their books and Lexi looooves her books. We'll see how that goes when we have a toddler in the house again. We are in for a lifestyle change that's for sure. When Lexi "reads to herself" she likes to hum or make up stories about the pictures. When Jacob reads his site word books for school Lexi likes read them too and he goes solely off of the pictures but its like she's really reading. It drives her brother nuts. hehe.

I love having Lex at home and cuddling with her. I tell her when we cuddle that she is my little princess and push hair back from her face and plant a kiss on her forehead. She smiles and lights up. She expects it and loves it.

 Dance

Cleaning with her baby 

Isn't she just adorable


No comments: