Tuesday, August 23

First Day of Kindergarten!!!


He's so cute :) He wanted every shot to include his new Transformers Lunch Box



School is close by so we will be walking to school in the mornings and walking home on the days that the weather is good. (will that ever happen here in Texas?:) The walk is 20 minutes each way. Sooner or later I'll add a jogging stroller into the mix...so I can get a little more exercise than a leisurely walk with the kiddos. I love the time we have to walk together.

Cheesy smile. Jacob marched right into the classroom, put his backpack in the cute lockers that look like he's in a high school, then sat right down. He was so ready to get started.

Then, he got right to work! I had to practically beg him to say goodbye to me :) That's better than the alternative that's for sure. No tears, no screaming. Awesome.

After school he was so excited to tell me all about this fun thing they do in the gym called "P.E." Cute right?!!
Later when Jacob and I had what he calls our "ABC Date" he started our learning session by laying out all the ground rules for us if we're going to be on the "green paw coyote team". I think that has something to do with being a good student at school. He was so excited while talking about it and I was cracking up. He told me the rules, which must have some resemblance of the real ones but I can't be sure... :) At least this is what he got out of it...

Rule #1 Don't touch anything.
Rule # 2 Do not eat.
Rule #3 Don't do anything else.
Rule #4 Don't kill anyone.
(seriously? how did he get that one)

OK, so those rules sound like a prison. He was very stern and told them to me over and over until I wrote them on a sticky note and drew a green paw on the top. Its was hilarious. I swear he had a blast at school yesterday! hehe. He said it was a long day and he loved it.

At the end of the day when I was tucking him in he was so cute and asked if dad was going to give him another Father's blessing before his 2nd day of school. So sweet. One of the moments that I wish would just last forever.

ps..just looked it up...its .7 miles to the school.

No comments: