
Sing PRAISES!
I'm trying to teach my children to make their bed. Its not an easy thing...heaven knows I didn't learn its importance til I was like 23 years old. haha.
In an effort to make this task easier I decided to place my kids' beds in the center of the room. You know what I mean right? Headboard against the back wall and the rest of the bed sticking out...OK terrible description. They can now walk around each part of the bed...making it easier to Make the Bed. Get it now? When the bed is against the wall...your kid needs a stinkin ladder just to reach across the bed!
So anyways, this new layout pains me. They have a small room and small space to play. With Jacob's twin bed and Lexi's toddler bed...basically in the center of the room...its not ideal. HIVES, seriously makes me itch.
So we make their beds every morning and my son can pretty much make his all on his own. Oh happy day. He can even change his mattress pad, extra padding (that egg shell foam stuff that he WILL NOT SLEEP WITHOUT!) his fitted sheet, his comforter...its awesome. I haven't tried to have him do the pillow cases yet...I can barely do those myself! ha! The kiddos even know what it means to strip their beds and put the soiled linens in the laundry room. Oh...how fancy. Yes, we like big Martha Stewart words in this house.
So anyways...here's a conversation I overheard in their room today...
Jacob said to Lexi, "Hey Lex! Don't jump on my bed. I don't want to have to make it again"
Lexi happily responds, "K Jacob, can I have that car garage?"
Jacob, "Sure"
I witnessed two wonderful things...I am just elated...
First, Jacob is grasping the all important concept of keeping his bed made and learning responsibility. Ack! I love it.
Second, harder to spot this one...they are sharing! Love that. They are so cute together.
I hope and pray that they can remember these great days as young children and remember the fun they had together. And at the same time...is it possible to NOT remember my sometimes bad attitude...I'll pray for that too. ha!
the mom
No comments:
Post a Comment