Thursday, May 12

the scale that changed my life...


I'm in love. I purchased a food scale (from weight watchers) and I love it!! Most little weight watchers ladies use the scale to measure their baked chicken breasts or veggies....I use it for my baking! lol.

I'm always trying to perfect my bread baking. It takes so much practice! I know these loaves are in plastic...I forgot to take a picture before I put them in the bread bags...
I am actually so OCD that I mad sure each loaf was 30.3 ounces before placing them in the oven. Once in the oven, while baking I rotated them so they were browned on top evenly. (my oven sucks). I'm crazy.

I made 3 loaves but one is already gone! We ate it hot out of the oven with butter and my orange marmalade. It was amazing. I'm so thankful that my sweet friends in Denver Colorado that taught me how to make bread. Like...hands on...came to my house more than once...and taught me how to make bread! Then, my sweet husband...got me the best mixer ever. yay. Now my wheat doesn't just sit in food storage. Love that.

why am I a baking nutso....because I'm bored. Lol. I guess living in Egypt will do that to you.

j

2 comments:

Haueter Family said...

I must say.. that I love your new computer. I love it because it means you are finally posting again!! You don't even have to write a lot.. I just like to see pictures of you and your family and how things are going over there in Texas!! :)

Kacie said...

I have one...I never use it. I will send it with Mom.