Saturday, March 26

Loving Texas!

Dear blogger....WHY when I push enter----do you not add SPACES to my paragraphs. Are you Trying to make my long-drawn-out banter even less appealing? *********************************************************** We arrived in Carrollton Texas at the end of February and have had lots of fun settling in out here. The weather adjustment was an easy one...thank goodness. The new living quarters are excellent. :) We're renting (of course) and looove our little (well...sorta spacious) 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment/townhouse. We have an attached garage and a super cute yard with a covered patio, a tree, (dead) grass, and bugs. Ugly. large. bugs. Side-note: Large silverfish also spotted on MY SIDE of the bed. um, yuck! Call the Pest Control! We don't live in FLORIDA...what's up with the bugs the size of rats. Yes, I'm e.x.a.g.g.e.r.a.t.i.n.g...but not much! So...kids love their new room! I decided to go against everything I know, and...get ready for it...I Have All Their Toys OUT and ON Shelves. Out...as in....they can access EVERYTHING. ACK! I'm crazy. Every time I look at their room and all the toys (little potential messes) it gives me hives. Honest to goodness HIVES! ;) But...I decided NOT to hide all their toys in their closet and bring out a few toys at a time...like I, Julie Avery aka...mean...wait...ORGANIZED mommy usually do. I wanted them to feel like it was their room and didn't want them to feel like I packed all their toys during the move and didn't give them back. Deeeeeep breath. I can do this. :) Soooo, They have 3 cute white bookshelves housing all their toys and above the shelves are a few picture frames (that don't match...here come the hives again) and their TV (thanks to their daddy's fabulous mounting skills :) White curtains and fabulous light flooooding in all day long. They Love their bright room!! My Absolute FAVORITE part about our new place is...I can open every single curtain and not worry about anyone looking inside. We no longer live by a high traffic area and all the windows open up to our cute little yard and a huge open, semi-green field. yay. There's some beautiful homes just beyond the field and a highway to the right side of the complex. Easy access and not much noise. love that. I honestly feel like I'm living in a rental home again on a spacious lot and I love that. Fraction of the price thank you very much. H eath is settling well in his new job location. As he always does. :) Work is 5 minutes away and we could not be happier about that! My heath still works for the same pest control company and we feel so blessed to have such great opportunities and blessings from his employment with this company. (hmmm...does that require a 'knock on wood'? Quick...do it for me K?! I have had lots of time to be bored...lol...and that's just not how I roll!!! I prefer BUSY!! Busy being happy! I'm happy being busy!! :) Cheese. So, to fill my time I've taken to cooking for my family again. shock. I purchased a few new cookbooks and have looooved my time in the kitchen! I've also started baking more...but that just isn't good for my diet! ;) I'm on Weight Watchers...have I shared that?! I've lost 25 lbs so far but have much more to go! Fingers crossed I loose at least 25 more before baby 3 and baby 4 start growing in my tummy :) Yes...when we have #3 ...... we want #4 to be 18 months after that. We. Are. Crazy. We love our new ward...no callings yet...but we'll keep you posted! On Friday the kids and I attended the mid-week moms activity for our ward and loooooooooved it!!! This week was a park day and there were well over 15 moms there! That's just nuts right! N.U.T.S! I can't believe it. They were all so nice and I learned lots of great things...Jacob has 2 boys in his primary class that have birthday in November too...fun. One of the boys will be going to the same elementary school. Can I get an AMEN?! lol. I haven't met the mommy yet but little does she know...but we WILL BE BEST FRIENDS. haha. Just joshin. There's a lot of culture here in Texas. Won't be expanding on that topic just yet. Missing my family like crazy! My cute mom sends us packages so often that my cute kids think our mail box should be bigger because we're special. :) I feel the love all the way out here and its great! Jacob has taken an interest in talking on the phone lately and cute Brenden and Courtney call to chat will him...my sista and her man are so cute! Lets see...no more to blabber about just yet...pictures maybe someday. Happy Weekend. J

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I was so happy you updated about your move to Texas. I have been thinking about you lately... you are one tough chick, doing all that moving! I love your silliness and that you said "joshin".
with love your cuz, wendy

RamirezFamily said...

SOOO excited I can blog stalk you know since my fb stalking is now over. HAHA jk I love the pics your fam is so cute and I am super happy you are here! :D