Friday, October 29

Diagnosis Finally

Nothing life threatening...let me just add that so this post is LESS DRAMATIC!

First Urgent Care then sent to ER for tests. Drove myself to the ER (stupid) cause heath wasn't due to fly in for a few more hours. Chest X-rays, cat scan, blood tests, Oxygen (very helpful..felt like an old lady), Pain meds, and MORPHINE. Ugh...never getting Morphine again...my body clearly said...NO THANK YOU as soon as that entered my body. Scary. Will be getting a "NO MORPHINE" tattoo on the crease of my IV arms. Just before my cat scan my heath arrived. yay! :)

The cat scan was terrible cause I had to lay flat which was impossible for me. Its actually a silly story that sounds just like me... They asked me to lay down and I tried but my body just wouldn't let me...I shot right back up before I even knew it. I tried that 2 times and they very sweetly said, "you don't have to do this sweety if you can't" I was shaking and very emotional but couldn't cry cause crying, moving, breathing, talking, THINKING hurt so dang bad. Pain 1-10? Um...12. So my response to her, (I'm a dork) "I can do anything. I'll lay down if you promise this really only is 5 minutes. I'll make my body flat" I did it. Super woman! lol. Halfway thru...I heard her say..."Julie, your trembling...hold your breath". Seriously? haha. That's seriously on my top 5 hardest things I've done in my life. Dramatic...but I kid u not they were shocked I did it. I was shaking and tearful after cause the pain was worse than childbirth! haha...isn't every pain your experiencing right now "the worst". I dunno. It was traumatic.

The drive home from hospital was bitter-sweet...no diagnosis...but nothing seriously life threatening...except that I still felt like I couldn't breath and the pain made me want to die. But whatever...why was this so freaking painful?! I was praying for my babies to be in my arms soon.

Followed up with PCP today and her best guess after listening to the "grinding sound" in my lungs was Pleurisy....Inflammation in the lining of my lungs and chest that caused the smooth lining of my lungs to become rough and rub together causing pain. (understatement) When you google it...yuck. Don't google it...I swear your chest will start hurting too. lol. I don't think my "condition" was as bad as most...I cannot imagine anything worse. :( We're not sure what caused this pleurisy crap...since I didn't recently have an accident or injury. They ruled out pulmonary embolism, pericardis, pneumonia...They weren't super clear..but my blood tests also ruled out lots of stuff. There's still a lot of unknown scary possible causes that I'll be ignoring for now. So...I'll just assume I'll be a healthy mommy in a week. :)

For now...my sweet heath is being the maid, nanny daddy, chef, and my rock. He holds my hand til I can manage the pain enough to fall asleep. I'm so thankful for the love and support of my family and friends. My poor mom felt helpless from far away...but was there through all of it even when my (loving amazing) husband was out of town in the beginning of this fiasco! Boo! The hardest part was trying not to feel alone out here in BFE without family to help and Heath on a business trip. Thank mom for your support. Once home, heath didn't leave my side. :)

"I don't get sick" is my common phrase. After this incident I'd like to get back to that. T.H.A.N.K Y.O.U. very much.

ON a Happier Note...

I got my new Dough Conditioner in the mail yesterday and I'm ITCHING TO BAKE! It'll be a few more days till I'm feeling up to it...but I'm sooo super excited. yay.

2 comments:

melissa gargalis said...

So sorry Julie. That sounds awful. Maybe it's the altitude?...Just a delayed reaction?...Glad they kind of figured out what's going on. Take care of yourself.

Scott and Kristine said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you are ok, that sounded so scary and you sounded so brave! Love you cuz, hope you feel yourself again soon!