Monday, June 7

Over a month....what?!

Crazy. Its been over a month....no way.

Confession...I've tried really really really hard this month to be a supermom and housewife...I know I know....your thinking...but I already thought she was...(hahaha..t0tally joking!) So this SUPERness gave me very little time to surf the blog world or check email and all that fun stuff. I found new stress relievers instead. (reluctantly might I add)

But really...I've been de-cluttering like crazy, laundry everyday (not just 2 or 3 times a week), cooking (a little), playing with thomas the train like everyday. Its such a fun fulfilling life when the house is mostly clean....dishes to eat off of, clothes to wear, a pathway to walk through...blah blah.

Off high horse.

So the kiddos are doing great and getting so BIG! Oh my goodness. My Mom and youngest sister Kacie will be here soon and I couldn't be MORE EXCITED! :D Yay! I finally told Jacob today that grandma and Kacie are coming later this week and he said, "Oh mom, can I pleeease have grandma play with me in my room. I really like that." Aww. He's so cute. When we were also talking about activities to do with grandma I asked him if he wanted to go to the zoo...he said, "Um no. Can we go to the museum?" (he's watched too much zaboomafo0) love it. "Sure!"

Lexi is getting a cute little attitude...I'm thinking this sass will get a little old very soon. It's official...I'm looking this up in my Parenting Bible (Dr. Latham of course:) and fixing this STAT! My little princess is running the house!

We started a scripture alarm this month (thanks to my mom for this idea :) and its working out so great. I love having a set time every night for scriptures. The alarm is located on the breakfast bar so I can see it throughout the day...and the scirptures are neatly stacked under it for easy access. The alarm sounds at 8pm and Lexi comes running and yelling, "scrips..burrs Jacob!" She looooves to take every opportunity to boss her brother. Jacob usually turns the alarm off and I pass out the books while heath assigns the opening prayer. Our poor books are getting mangled...cause each kids has their own. Fun fun. Our goal the last couple weeks has been consistency...we missed one night...booo! To help with the goal we have a sticker chart and the kids love it! Maybe every other family out there in the mormon world is 100% at this stuff...but with my 4 year old and 2 year old this is stinkin hard! Some nights we're on survival mode so we have to cheat and give popsicles or go-gurt while we read...gotta love it.

Off to shop for dinner stuff. Making Mexican Chili with cornbread crumbles. Heath's request...yum.

5 comments:

Scott and Kristine said...

Did you know that my husband is related to Dr. Latham? haha I believe he is my mother in laws cousin or uncle or something? Maybe I can get your "bible" autographed for ya! JK Sounds like you are doing well!

Lexi Rae said...

I loved the scripture clock idea! So cute!

Julie the Wiser said...

Kacie and I are so excited to come! See you in 2 DAYS! You are an awesome mother. . . you make me so proud.

Shumway FAM said...

yay! you blogged!

Kacie said...

Your De-cluttering has looked great. Good job! I strive to have my room as clean as your house. You are my inspiration...no seriously.

Kacie Leigh