Thursday, October 22

A True 30-minute Meal

So yesterday was cray and I didn't start dinner until 5:45, heath was due to be home at 6 and needed to be fed by 6:15. 30 minutes to make and eat dinner. 2 grumpy hungry kiddos and a messy kitchen. Nope...dishes weren't done. Shame on me. So, since I won't cook in a messy kitchen, didn't have the time to clean it...I used the microwave...Crazy. The meal was yummy. I microwaved frozen lasagna, steam microwaved frozen broccoli, and decided I needed a little more...so I used the one burner on the stove that I could get to...to saute mushrooms. (background...dinner the previous night was a full blown fiesta: Mexican rice, beans, , shredded chicken tacos, veggies...the works. So I literally used my entire kitchen to make the mess...exhausted from the cooking and eating...left the mess. Yup...I julie avery left a huge mess in my kitchen. Surprised?...don't be...heath isn't. I like to do my dishes in the morning. So the lasagna meal...delisous...I even tried to hide that it was a micro meal by dumping it into a casserole dish. haha. I love 30-minute meals.

2 comments:

Moss Family said...

Love the changes to your blog! so cute!

Julie the Wiser said...

This is me . . . NOT leaving a comment about leaving the mess til morning! :)