
Did I blog about this yet? I'm 1st counselor in Primary. I'm the leader over the scouts and I'm really excited about my calling! My first sharing time is next week and the topic is:
Reading the Scriptures Strengthens My Family.
The theme for the year is: My Eternal Family.
I'm so excited! This is such a great topic and I know that we can all benefit from this. I know that when my family conducts faithful scripture study I feel lighter. Literally, I feel like my burdens are easier to bare, my days feel more meaningful, and my life has more purpose. I love that when we follow the counsel of the Lord that we are blessed. I'm so thankful to have the gospel in my life to help and strengthen me. I love my calling and the opportunity I have to serve someone else - to step away from my own life - and bless the lives of the children in my area. My friends' children. That is such a blessing in my life.
So here's a quote I found this morning while researching my sharing time lesson.
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said, "I promise you that daily family prayer and scripture study will build within the walls of your home a security and bonding that will enrich your lives and prepare your families to meet the challenges of today and the eternities to come." (L. Tom Perry, "Back to Gospel Basics," Ensign, May 1993, 90)
Reading the Scriptures Strengthens My Family.
The theme for the year is: My Eternal Family.
I'm so excited! This is such a great topic and I know that we can all benefit from this. I know that when my family conducts faithful scripture study I feel lighter. Literally, I feel like my burdens are easier to bare, my days feel more meaningful, and my life has more purpose. I love that when we follow the counsel of the Lord that we are blessed. I'm so thankful to have the gospel in my life to help and strengthen me. I love my calling and the opportunity I have to serve someone else - to step away from my own life - and bless the lives of the children in my area. My friends' children. That is such a blessing in my life.
So here's a quote I found this morning while researching my sharing time lesson.
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said, "I promise you that daily family prayer and scripture study will build within the walls of your home a security and bonding that will enrich your lives and prepare your families to meet the challenges of today and the eternities to come." (L. Tom Perry, "Back to Gospel Basics," Ensign, May 1993, 90)
No comments:
Post a Comment