Sunday, June 14

Dinner Time! Any Recipes To Share?

Wish Me Luck, Cheer Me on, Give me Recipes!
The Challenge - Make 200 meals before May 19th 2010.
What's the Count? 15 meals! Wohooo!

Week 5
M: Chicken Parmigiana, Spaghetti noodles, veggies, & salad.
This recipe is from Once A Month Mom and can be adapted for OAMC cooking. I'm excited to try it!
FHE Treat: Cherry Cola Brownies

T: Ham & Potato Pockets, Eggs, Fresh Fruit
Sad face. I didn't love this recipe---not that someone else wouldn't...but I'm having a really hard time finding my cooking style and finding foods that I love. My heath and I have a certain 'flavor' of cooking that we love---not to say that it all tastes the same...but I guess I'm more picky than I thought and thats REALLY frustrating. Ugh. I'm having the cooking blues tonight. AHHHHH! I just want to be a cook...why is this so freakin hard. (yes---this is the side of julie that not many people get to see...sad, depressed about cooking, and wanting to give up on my goal----but this time I'm not going to!) 6/16

W: Tuna Celery Casserole, served over macaroni, garlic bread


Th: Chicken Stir Fry - don't have a recipe yet...just a box of frozen stir fry veggies and chicken. Looking for a good sauce recipe. HELP!?


Fr: Tacos with ground turkey, salad, veggies

Family Movie Night Treat: Banana Marshmallow Dip (with -hidden- squash!), apples

Sat: Preparedness Cook Out! (note: this family cooking does count towards my cooking...yay!)

So here's a preface----we're crazy.

The last date night we had we started discussing preparedness and food storage. As the homemaker I've made and effort to learn about cooking from my food storage from other blogs, taking a few classes, and talking to friends & family. Note: I'm yet to use wheat in a single recipe I've made. I need to change that!

Heath and I decided to make it a family effort and start having a Cook Out once a month (more frequently when its not 100 degrees outside!). The purpose of the Cook Out is to simulate an emergency situation. Our family, and possibly guests, will make a meal on our patio with camping type material, have fun outside games, and a little lesson on preparedness (something like teaching our little kids how to Stop, Drop, & Roll.). We're really excited and think it will be a blast for the kids! We won't make everyone pee in a bucket during these simulations---but we will try to make it as true to an emergency situation as possible---while still being reasonable and fun.

I'll post more details (as if you haven't had enough) after we try it for the first time and get the kinks out of it.

Sun: Heath, TBA

I've started keeping track on my sidebar...take a look at the count over there! :)

1 comment:

Scott and Kristine said...

What a great idea!Something I think Scott and I will try to do. I have been writing our our menus this last week and trying some new recipes, let me know if you would like any of them! Keep up the cooking good lookin!