Sunday, May 24

Wish Me Luck, Cheer Me On, & Give Me Recipes!

The Challenge - 200 meals!
Week 2


What's the Count?

Only 3 meals complete last week, with 4 planned this week - can she do it? Yes she can!


This Week for Dinner...


M: BBQ with my Fam...I don't have to cook!

T: Mexican Wraps: black beans, salsa, Avery Mexican Rice, cheese, chicken- from left over Honey Lime Chicken & Pineapple, all grilled in a flour tortilla.

W: Broiled Talapia Parmesan

Th: Salsa Chicken & Black Bean Soup

F: Corn Chowder - OAMC

S: Left Overs ---- gotta eat it all up sometime!--(If we don't have any cause of lunches....I'll have to think of a backup plan later in the week---I'll keep u posted)

Sun: Heath

OAMC:

Graham Crackers - link to Everyday Food Storage site---LOVE this site :) Video tutorial for the recipe too!

Corn Chowder -aka, My Favor tie Corn Chowder! I'll be doubling the recipe and freezing in ziploc twist top plastic containers as individual serving sizes for my lunches.


Meal 4 - accomplished! Mexican Grilled Wraps with Mexican Rice. Yum.

Meal 5 - done. I wouldn't say "accomplished" cause I decided I REALLY don't like Talapia. Sad face. I LOVE Sushi and will eat almost anything from the ocean...but it can't taste like salt water or "fishy". I like fish with real flavor. Like salmon, eel, crab, or shrimp. I seriously almost tossed my cookies during dinner today. Yuck. Oh well. No more Talapia - DONE!

Meal 6 - complete! I decided to stick to what my family really likes...Mexican Food. Last night (thursday) I made Tacos with Turkey meat and Mac & Cheese as a side, with salad of course. We've never had mac and cheese with dinner and heath and I loved it! Not, love it and want to have it once a week...but loved it like maybe once a month. Friday I think I'll stick to the Corn Chowder and make the black bean soup Saturday.

Meal 7 Complete! - Corn Chowder OAMC. I cooked 2 batches of my favorite soup to put some in the freezer for lunches this month. My mom is so amazing and came over to help me cook it. Thanks :) She's better at it! Now I have dinner totally done even before naptime! Wohooo! I love that. Its so hard to cook at 4 or 5 cause the kiddos are so crazy at that time of the day. Have I said it enough times....I LOVE LOVE LOVE living near my mother. I'm so grateful for her love and support in everything I do. She's always thinking of ways to make my life as a mommy and wife easier...and she's always thinking about her kids and how she can continue to teach them and set a good example. Thank you mom---you really are a rare commodity. Am I spoiled? Nope. Just really really loved by my friend and mom Julie. (yup...I'm julie jr)

That's it for this week----its saturday night and I popped in frozen pizza and had cucumbers on the side. I don't think this meal will count. But we didn't eat out AT ALL this week. yay! Heath is cooking tomorrow---so I'll try the black bean soup and the graham crackers next week. Tah tah for now. -j

1 comment:

Moss Family said...

yummy yummy.....You are going to be my new recipe book!