This is my ongoing post dedicated to Blogging My Blessings! My goal for this post is to help me focus on the GREAT things in my life. The things I love and the love I have to give. Not all my posts will be mushy...
28. My Heath came home early! He's been on a little business trip for work in San Diego...He left Tuesday morning and came back last night...a day early! I was pleasantly surprised when he called me and said he'll be home in 2 hours. yay :) Here's the best part----his business associate he was working with is also his best friend---Heath easily could have stayed another day to PLAY and wanted to come home to be with me instead. awwww. sweet. I know we always hope/assume our husbands would choose family over play---and last night heath came home to see his wife and kids. I'm so proud and thankful for his choice (honestly i thought for sure he would have stayed!) I'm a happy wife = happy home today. :D

29. My Home. OK well, no i don't actually have a home....but I have my home traveling with me...Here's what I mean. I worked on the side making wands last year for a man named BOB. POOR BOB had his house burn down in the SoCal fires last year! SO SAD! I received my tax info from him yesterday so I called to thank him for sending it and to see how he was doing. He said its been a nightmare. I cannot imagine. Thankfully he's a very successful businessman so he was able to use his own $ to buy clothes and put $ down for a place to live until an insurance check would come. He lost ALL his things. I just cannot imagine. I now have a renewed effort to make my home Prepared----72 hour kit to quickly grab (one for each family member) another empty bag designated to grab the necessary items like hardrive, vital records, pics&albums...i don't know...? I need to work on that. Also FOOD STORAGE is so important in case I'm stuck at home----NO WAY would I want my kids to suffer and starve because I was too busy or not frugal enough to prepare. I think my biggest concern is water...as soon as I report to AZ I'm gunna hunt for a good deal on water and get at least a 2 week supply....I'm so scared. If your prepared you won't fear, right?! Ok---sum it up. I'm thankful to still have all my personal belongings that help me to make my family a nice cozy home. My prayers are with those that are still affected by the fires that are now long gone.
30. I have a renewed love for coupon shopping. I have been in a bit of a slump lately since I'm not the cook and I don't really have room to store my shopping items anyways here at my in-laws. But we're almost don here----4 more weeks. sweet. So--I put aside one empty box and said I can put my coupon shopping items HERE until we more---but NO MORE than ONE BOX. I'm now on my 3rd box and I'm OK with it...I'm stocking up...some of these things will NEVER be this cheap again and other things won't be this cheap for a LONG time. So my new love for coupons---I organized my 'coupon box' last night. It was in desperate need! My coupon box just has my 12 pocket folder that keeps all my dated newspaper inserts, my budget and bills folder, thank you cards, miscellaneous coupons, and my folder with things i want to save for scrapbooking. I know I know---whats up with the random stuff...it works for me. Its like my OFFICE IN A BOX. Its all i have and it works for me. PLUS its portable. I can work on the kitchen table during naptime or on my bed when Heath's home (that almost never happens anyway). I always feel so charged up and ready for anything when I have ORGANIZATION----chaos makes me so frustrated and unable to function. Super coupon shopping, bill paying, thank you card sending, scrapbooking queen----hahahaha---now that my box it clean. tah tah.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment