The grocery store was an adventure. I try not to go the the g.store with Jacob if I can avoid it - but I can't avoid it anymore since it gets dark so early and I'm not really comfortable going to the grocery store at night ALONE in a city I'm not familiar with. During the day is do-able, just a little stressful with 3 year old. He can't really sit in the cart cause I need to fill the cart with groceries and he can't sit in the top cause that's where Lexi is (not that he would stay up there anyway). Today Jacob was such a good listener and didn't run away from me once! Miracle. Happy Day. Maybe my boy is growing up? Impossible. Everyone of course made lots of comments about how cute Lexi was so I in turn made lots of comments about what a great helper and big boy Jacob was----preventing jealousy.
We're having a bit of an issue with that lately. Prevention Prevention Prevention - but wait, what if the prevention doesn't work? Currently I'm on a hunt for a good parenting book....
How to teach your child not to hit - Without wanting to hit your child!
I prefer NOT to teach Jacob 'not to hit' --- by hitting him (spanking, slapping, hitting etc.) so I really need to sharpen my parenting tools and get him to stop without having a huge battle. He's 3 and the ONE time I spanked him it was a total disaster and I will NEVER do it again. I think I posted about that experience. Won't be doing that again.
Ah. Amazon? I need a good book. Any ideas?
-pj
i really need to post pictures.
heath just got my computer fixed----now i can upload some pics. hopefully tonight? it will be a major picture fest----be ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment