This week I'm preparing for our much needed vacation to St.George Utah for our little Family Reunion with my side of the fam. My brother Paul (22, single, RM from Tokio, tall, blond, and handsome :) is running in a marathon. We're all coming from Utah, Idaho, and Cali to cheer him on. Can't wait. Miss my fam.
No babysitting coming up this week. What am I going to do with myself? The past two weeks I've been babysitting. Week 1 a two year old, Week 2 a 10 year old. Babysitting Katie the 10 year old was amazing! I had a little helper and it was great! It gives me hope that - yes, they do grow up, and yes, kids can learn to help. Ahhhh. Someday. Maybe I'll take a nap Everyday this week? haha. Not a chance.
I have sharing time this month in Primary (church:) Its most likely my last time teaching the p.children before I move. (still no news on where, all we know is that our lease is up end of November and we HAVE to move to a bigger place) Sad face. I'm really sad thinking about it and I'm trying not to get to worked up over it. I love my calling as p.pres and I can't imagine going to relief society again. what? no kids? Well, with my princess Lexi on my lap growling. (yup, you heard right - she growls at church for no reason - just to be loud).
So - on to Lexi. She's crawling now and it seems like she always has somewhere she HAS to go. Just like her mommy. This week her shirt is constantly wet from drooling and I think its the sickest thing. She hates when I change her shirt 5 times a day so I find my self wiping her all day long to prevent the mess and she hates that too. Her first 2 teeth came in on the bottom this week. I think she also has a little bit of a cold with the teething. So along with the drooling, crawling, runny nose, and growling, she also had no voice. When she cries or babbles she has a horse voice, but no coughing - go figure. It sounds so funny hearing her with her "sexy voice" as I used to call it - now I think I'll have to come up with a better name for a girl with a horse voice. lol. Oh, I loooove that Lexi loves to cuddle with my buddy Cari so much. Whenever Lexi sees Cari she has to cuddle with her - love you girl - thanks for givin my girl Love! Yea - Lexi slept through the night for the 3rd time (she's 7 freakin' months!!!) Mommy needs more sleep!
My boy Jacob. Hmmm. What can I say about my little rascal? My friend said to me this week that she noticed he's sharing more. That's nice. He tries so hard to be nice to his sister and Lexi loves to play with Jacob's toys - cars, trucks, trains.... I just wish that he would be nice to his little friends. Currently Jacob has 2 buddies - Toby and Bradley. Its so fun to watch him get excited about playing at the park with his friends. He also LOVES his babysitter Olivia. Whenever we drive even near her house he says, "YEA! We're going to get Olivia. Are you going on date mom?" Love it. Too bad Lexi can't be as excited as Jacob whenever Heath and I go out. Poor Olivia. Jacob's birthday is coming up in November and we cannot decide what to do. I still think that 3 is too young for a real party and I have no idea who I would invite since my immediate family is so far away. When Jacob turned 12mo. my family totally drove all the way from AZ just for his B-day. So cute. Hmm, I can't remember what we did for his 2nd b-day...Journal?
Heath has been working hard this month to wrap up the summer stuff at Moxie. -note: I'm pretty much done working nights at Moxie cause Heath's been too busy- Bitter/Sweet. When Heath gets home from work - its sooooo cute - Jacob of course announces, "It's daddy!" then runs to get him. Lexi's eyes light up and she immediately reaches out for him and fusses until he comes to pick her up and give her loves. Today she was in her high chair and refused to continue eating because she HAD to see her dad. I totally don't remember Jacob being this attached to Heath. It's the cutest thing. Daddy's girl all the way.
I have always been a daddy's girl too. I love love love to talk to my dad and have always had such a great relationship with him. My mom always made sure that dad and kids had time to bond and I will always owe her for that. I didn't realize until I was an adult how rare it is to have a strong relationship with both parents. I talk to my mom everyday! Whenever I call my dad I first ask him if he's busy (giving him an out in case he doesn't have time for me) and he always responds, "Never too busy for you!". I love that. He's the Bishop in his ward and still had 3 teenage daughters- need I say more? Actually, my sister Courtney (19, Beeeeauuuutiful, strong, and talented, lives waaay to far from me, talks to me often, oh - and currently single and better stay single) lives in Idaho and is going to BYU.
I guess that wasn't 'a little something' was it. :) Nighty Night.
1 comment:
I love your blogs and love reading about your thoughts. (I know, you tell them to me on the phone everyday, but it's also fun to read, and re-read them. Do I need to get a life? ) You are an amazing daughter. I can't imagine how lucky dad and I got to have children like you guys!!
Post a Comment